Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yay progress!!

A cute little ipod cozy knit with some leftover handpainted merino - so pretty I think I will need to make another one. Sorry about the sideways pic - too lazy to flip it.
Peekaboo mittens from Magknits. I have been dying to make these up and the short little camping trip we took this weekend gave me the perfect opportunity to kick start them. I could not bring any gift knitting since most the the gift recipients were coming with me so instead I brought stuff for ME!!! This colorway makes me want to sing - so bring and happy - can't wait to wear these come winter. The yarn is one lonely skein of 100purewool I have had sitting around for awhile - the softest merino - actually very similar to malabrigo.
Also finished up around the campfire is this cute little Maple Seed Hat. I can't remember where the pattern came from but it is lovely and a very quick knit. I made it for myself but it turned out too small. However, it looks adorable on my dd so it shall be hers! I will have to make another one for me. The yarn is worsted weight Misti Alpaca baby alpaca in the cinnamon colorway.

No comments: