Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Thursday, August 23, 2007

A few new goodies

Well I was aimlessly wandering through Michaels the other day and found this new shipment of knitting bags/project bags, etc. And very reasonably priced, too. So I had to snag one of course to try out, and I think I will be back for more. I like being able to see the yarn inside and this bag also has grommets on both ends for feeding the yarn through which I think will be perfect for working from two separate balls of yarn. Can't wait to try it out! (The project inside is the very early beginnings of the Tilted Duster from the most recent issue of IK)
Also got some blue sky alpaca cotton that I ordered from the Knit2purl2 store closing sale. I THOUGHT I had also snagged enough malabrigo for a sweater project and some lion and lamb for clapotis but, alas, they were actually sold out. So while I am happy I did not spend that money, a part of me mourns the loss of my great yarn bargains. Oh well.

I just entered a contest from the She-Knits podcast - would be totally cool to win the prize of one of her bag kits - her bags are sooooo drool-worthy - I especially love that sunflower one. And her podcast is pretty good, too. You can check out the contest here.

No comments: