Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Some more gift knitting and a sock


First a lace project - Branching Out from Knitty - in Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool for my MIL for her birthday (or maybe Christmas) - undecided as of yet. Very pretty even unblocked.

And then some Tofutsies knit into a spiral eyelet pattern (my reincarnated Flicker sock that had to be frogged). This is my first sock on magic loop and I have to say I do like it. I think the sharp, metal tips will be much better for doing the lace sock patterns, but I will not abandon my DPNs. Those I will probably save for my plainer socks. Oh, and yes, the colors are pooling terribly but I don't care - I just need to finish some socks. It's been far too long.

No comments: