Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Sunday, June 8, 2008

My first yarn...


is kinda lumpy, bumpy, and pilly - but I made it and it was fun!

I checked out a few videos on Utube to get started and I know I will still have lots of questions for my spinning class next Saturday. So far I am really enjoying practicing with my spindle. I was really reluctant to start spinning because I did not want "another hobby" that would detract from my knitting obsession but I find it has has only re-focused my obsession. Now I can hardly wait to spin up my own yarn to knit.

My hubby has hinted that I may get a spinning wheel for my birthday at the end of the month (he really is spoiling me). And I have been looking to get some books or magazines on spinning - I already have the Spring issue of Spin Off and I have heard that this book is another good reference: A Fine Fleece. I will be adding it to my wish list for sure.

I will be posting a knitting update later this week :)

1 comment:

Jude said...

You made it, that's awesome!