Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Look what I got from my Mystery Theme swap!



The theme was organic/earth-friendly - some beautiful organic yarns from Elann, cute patterns, and lovely Brittany needles. I can't wait - the pakucho is perfect for summer knitting.

And a few pics of knitting:

I finished my May socks (basic stockinette using self-patterning Online Beach - pretty boring but I needed a quick knit to get caught up and start my June socks). I plan to cast on the new Spring Ahead pattern from the latest knitty.

Here is the first square from my Lizard ridge Afghan. I am slowly collecting single balls of random Noro Kureyon colors. Can't get enough Noro - the colors are positively scrumptious.
And last but not least - my second spinning attempt with some merino roving from Doodlebirds Creations:
I am still doing "park and draft" which is slow but I am enjoying the process and watching the fibre twist - it is so satisfying!!

Here is a close up of the yarn:

No comments: