Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Friday, May 25, 2007

Some knitting progress...



Almost done my first jaywalker - after several false starts (problems with color pooling and gauge). I also got some cool stitch holders off etsy that do a great job keeping the stitches from sliding off my WIP when it is in my knitting bag. While my stitches are not prone to jumping off the needles themselves, I thought these would be good to safeguard against repeat performances of the time my dd pulled two dpns out of a (almost complete) sock-in-progress.


I got some malabrigo to knit my dh a hat - it is actually the first thing I have ever knit for him. He is picky and I wanted to make him something that I knew he would use and like. It is soft and snuggly and boring and plain - just like him ;)

Oh and I also finished the feather and fan stole out of the Artyarns regal silk for Mother's Day but forgot to take a pic before giving it to my mom. I am really happy with how it turned out, and I really loved working with the silk.

No comments: