Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Friday, June 15, 2007

Yarn sale - uh oh......

Okay so I told myself I would be on a yarn diet until June 24 when I leave on holidays (and also happens to be my birthday week) - double the excuse to go on a yarn buying binge when my not-so-LYS will be having its annual summer solstice sale.

But then knitpicks AND my LYS decide to have sales and well you see the damage done (my KP order is on it's way). I picked up some WofA from KP to try my first big person sweater. I have made many baby sweaters but have not yet tried one for myself so I am really looking forward to this - and decided the $1.59/ball price tag meant it would be okay if it wasn't a stellar result.

Above are four balls of Lily Chin Chelsea (3 green/1pink) which I LOVE for summer tops, and four balls of Regia. I have never tried Regia but have heard good things and at less than 5 bucks a ball I picked up enough for two pairs of socks.

I also picked up a nifty little sock project bag. I love because it's got a cute pattern but is still clear so I can see what's in it - and it comes with a little matching accessory pouch.
I cast on some Tofutsies with my new Lantern Moon sox stix and I have to say I love both! It is the Cookie A pattern Flicker. PURTY!
Here is a pair of socks I cast on for my DH out of the grey Regia - he prefers solid colors and with all the handpainted stuff I am normally drawn to - this is the first sock yarn he actually said he might wear socks from! It is a modified version of the Thuja pattern from Knitty. I made the DPN stitch holders myself - cute eh?!

No comments: