Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Long overdue update

Sorry, life has been chaotic and my laptop was struck down with several viruses that have taken some time for DH to undo.

Meanwhile, a few new projects on the needles and a few things on frog pond...I started the fluffy bolero from Erika Knight's Simple Knits for Little Cherubs. I am making it out of some stash yarn that I got at a boxing day sale last year - Philar eponge. I must say I love the soft, cushy feel of the fabric when knit up but it really is not that much fun to knit with :( Still I think it will make an adorable bolero for my little munchkin.
Vestee from Knitty - made with Lionbrand Cottonease in Lake. So far I have finished the front and back panel. I think I will be making many more children's garments with this yarn. It knits up well and will hold up well to wash and wear. There is also a nice selection of colors.

I have frogged my STR Jaywalkers for the last time - the colors started to pool terribly after I finished the decreases for the foot - so they are currently on a time out until I decide what to do with this yarn. They are diabolically opposed to becoming Jaywalkers.

I also frogged my clapotis for the third time - I keep making a mistake in the increase section. I have now printed a spreadsheet that should hopefully help me with my stitch counts. This I will tackle again when I am ready.
Also snagged an amazing deal on some books at amazon! Got all of these for $27 including shipping to Canada!!! They were some sort of special package deal and I am sooooooo happy. I have wanted LMKG for ages and keep renewing it from the library. I also love the pictures and projects from the other two and cannot believe I was able to snag these at such a great price.

My HSKS swap kit is all ready to go EXCEPT that the sock yarn I bought is on backorder. I am going to wait another week before possibly just trying to find some at a LYS.

1 comment:

Sheknits said...

Wendy-
Thanks so much for listening to my very first podcast AND commenting....that's so kind. I love the sentence under your header about "not necessarily in that order"..I know what you mean. Also in yousr stack of books I see Greetings from Knit Cafe" I too just boght that...couldn't resist. Where you thinking of making anything in particular from it?
Sharon