Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Monday, April 23, 2007

Current WIPs


My currently active WIPs include

Katja - a halter top from Knitty for my littel girl knit from Lily Chin Chelsea. I am currently working the I-cord straps, and then will be working the rest of the body in the round. I am hoping this will be a quick knit in time for her to wear this summer.



One skein shawl from Knitters Review forum. I am making it out of Misti Alpaca baby alpaca (cinnamon colorway). It is very soft and has a beautiful drape - it is a mother's day gift for my mom - I should be able to finish on time - I hope....


Clapotis from Knitty of course. I have been bit by the bug. It is in Knitpicks Andean Silk Twist in the Dapper colorway. The yarn was on sale so I just had to try it out. I just started and it is on the back burner right now - but is a fun knit to distract me when I get bored of the other stuff





Jaywalkers
- from magknits. Socks That Rock in the Carbon Dating colorway. I love the colors and the feel of the yarn knit up - I can see now why STR is so addictive.





In the frog pile - two false starts on my mother's day gift:
a feather and fan lace shawl and the lacy kerchief wrap from the Holiday issue of IK - they just were not knitting up fast enough for me to get done in time. But I do already have other plans for the yarn ;)

No comments: