Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Cranky baby + yogurt raisins + yarn store = bad combination


I felt that my yarn store adventure today would be a worthy first entry in my blog.

I needed some size 1 needles to start my Jaywalkers so I thought I would just pop into my LYS to pick some up (after trying some 5" Brittany birch needles, I just had to get more).

Of course when I discovered their recent shipment of Fleece Artist I just had to browse - but my cranky, teething munchkin had other ideas. So ignoring the teeny voice that told me I should just pay for the needles and go, I decided to bribe her with some yogurt raisins I had with me. And when she decided she had to hold the bag, being distracted by all the yummy fibre, I let her - and lo and behold I turned around to discover yogurt raisins poured all over the floor.

So now I was scrambling to pick up all these raisins before they got squished into the carpet, prying the ones out of my munchkin's mouth that she had picked up off the floor, trying to get her to stop screaming in protest at having her treats confiscated - all while trying to retain what little composure I had left.

Fortunately the store owner and other customers were very nice about it and found my little munchkin cute enough to forgive her atrocious behavior - as well as her mother's temporarily impaired judgement - I blame it on "yarn madness".

For putting the store owner through all that drama I felt obligated to pick up a skein of the Fleece Artist sock yarn and two sets of needles ;)

No comments: