Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Friday, October 26, 2007

Squeee - another secret pal package!!

A sock kit from Robyn's Nest! The "Fall Fire" colorway is exactly something I would have picked out for myself, and the Robyn's nest signature colorway is totally not something I would have picked out BUT I love it for exactly that reason. It is so fun and colorful - makes me think of bubblegum :) When they become socks I will call them my bubblegum socks. This is part of why I love swaps - I get stuff that I normally would never even consider for myself and I love it!
A close up of a the lovely dangle-free stitch markers that came with the kit. A very nice package indeed - I may have to look into this sock club...hmmmm...;)
And finally a picture of my finished, felted clogs. The peace fleece felts up quite hairy but I think a nice shave will leave them with just a fine halo. I really like the shape and texture I got with these. I will be giving these to my FIL this weekend for his birthday. I will be trying another pair next for my mom for Christmas - this time with some Paton's classic merino.

1 comment:

Montreal Mama said...

You should definitely check out the sock club, December's kit has been listed, and it's super yummy! Glad you liked everything your pal ordered from me!