Obsessed knitting geek, mother, and science teacher - not necessarily in that order

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Some sock yarn indulgence

Red Bird Knits is having a free shipping promotion for October so I had to pick up some of their sale sock yarn. I must say I am thrilled by the Lana Grossa - the colors in person are exactly what I expected from what I saw on the screen - which is not always the case.

I also got the Knitting Pure and Simple baby cardigan pattern. I saw on someone else's blog they had knit this pattern with many different yarns. It seems like a good basic and versatile pattern to use for baby gifts. It is knit in the round with minimal seaming so that makes me happy.

I also cast-on a pair of socks - my first plain stockinette pair - out of that Trekking. Love the colorway, love the stitch definition of this yarn. I could never understand why before anyone would knit boring stockinette socks - but in this last two weeks when all hell has broken loose with childcare issues - I have found this sock to be highly therapeutic.

The fibertrends felted clogs are all seamed up and just waiting to be felted. And I need to finish up my Branching Out scarf ASAP - but my sock calls to me...

No comments: